Our friend Luis brought us some Saril one day and explained that it was very healthy for you. So, of course, Mike decided to plant some. We now have more Saril than what we need but that is ok. We like to add the juice made from the Saril to orange juice, ginger ale etc. It tastes a lot like cranberry juice.
The Saril is a medicinal plant used in Panama to decorate, especially during the Christmas holidays. However, few know that it is a plant that provides many different health benefits.
Also known as Flor de Jamaica (Hibiscus sabdarifa), it is high in vitamin C and antioxidants, especially anthocyanins, which are responsible for the negative effects of free radicals on the body. Also, studies show that is scientifically proven to help combat certain tumor cells.
Among other benefits Saril are:
– Lowers high triglyceride levels.
– Reduce by up to 35% levels of bad cholesterol (LDL).
– Helps maintain a good figure and help you lose weight: It is an excellent diuretic. His inflammatory properties contribute to weight loss and also help cleanse the body of toxins through the urine. Also an excellent choice for those who suffer from constipation because it causes bowel movements.
– Protects the cardiovascular system: Scientific studies found that reducing fatty deposits in the arteries.
– Regulates blood pressure.
– Regulates the production of insulin by the pancreas.
– Increases the body’s defenses.
– Provides relief from menstrual cramps
– Preventing hemorrhoids
– Reduces insomnia.
Naturists recommend the intake of a cup of tea a day Saril as a preventive measure. You can also drink cold, as if it were a refreshing drink.
However, as always, remember that if you have health problems, the most recommended is to visit your doctor
Go ahead and make yourself a drink.
If you want to start getting the benefits of this plant and do not know how, I leave then a simple recipe:
• 1 liter of water
• 1 piece of cinnamon
• 1 cup flower Saril
• 1 cup strawberries
• Boil water with cinnamon, until you feel your smell
• Blend strawberries with half a cup of water and add them to the water cuélalas with cinnamon.
info founded on SaludPanama.com